Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm training to

run a half marathon. It is called "Run To Stay Warm"


The proceeds go to help families pay for their electric bills this winter if they are unable to otherwise. It is November 21st. Training starts bright and early tomorrow morning with my running partner, Erica. :-). Her family is going to do it as well. They are going to walk while Erica and I run. As soon as my parents get back from Europe I'm going to try and convince them to do it as well.

I need a good pair of running shoes too. I don't have a pair yet, I've been wearing old tennis shoes. Maybe I can convince dad that he needs to buy me a pair. He did leave me for three weeks to fend for myself and scavenge around for food. Maybe he will help me out a little bit. I think i'll ask dad for these...and he'll say, "no"
Then I'll tell dad how sad I am and tell him I'll settle for these...


This way I'll get what I really want and dad will feel like he saved a bunch of money. It's a win win situation.

If you want to do the half marathon as well, let me know.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is so cool!!! And good luck getting your shoes from dad ;-)

The Steve said...

Run it in these : http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

They are simply amazing ! I ran a few miles before my calves gave out...how hard would 13 be ;)