Sunday, May 2, 2010

Update on my life

So a lot has been going on lately.

There is no particular order to these events.

I made the golf team yesterday. There were tryouts. 7 people were cut. Then there was a draft. We all sat on one end of the room and as we'd get picked we'd move over to the other end of the room and sit with our team. I was the fourth to the last to get picked. It was a little awkward. I made it though! I am on Roberts' team. He's the coach. I'm going to get a cool shirt and get to play golf a couple times a week.

Go Titans! :-)


I decided that I'm going to stay in Rexburg year round. It has been a thought for sometime, but last week Erica and I fasted and prayed about it and I feel really good about staying. I'm a little nervous, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I've already started looking for work though and this would allow me to graduate faster.

I've already spoken with financial aid and my scholarship will apply to every term as long as I take 15 credits. It is also the first year that I wont be a dependent so I'm hoping I'll be elligable for some grants on top of my scholarship.

Yesterday I didn't eat very well. I didn't have the intention of eating a lot of sweets but it just happened that way.

Breakfast: i had 3 donuts and two cups of chocolate milk
Lunch: I had a slice of pizza
Dinner: I had taco bell.

Then our friend invited us over for cake and Erica and I couldn't say no. Then Jason was having a birthday party and he was having a waffle eating competition and a girl from monmouth said she could beat me. I was not going to let he beat me. We were making huge Belgium waffles. I ate three as fast as I could thinking that she wouldn't be able to compete. She ate slow, but steady. She ended up eating five. I lost the bet, and my body was not happy with me.

I'm thinking of giving up sugar for a little bit.

Luckily I have an amazing girlfriend. She is bringing me tums. She wasn't feeling all that great yesterday either. I called this morning and she's feeling a lot better though.

I want to go off on a tangent about Erica. She is super woman!


I made the picture above in photoshop. I am really proud of it.

Erica really is super woman though. She is tackling 14 credits of school. Four of which is Anatomy and Physiology. People change their majors so they don't have to take that class. Shes taking it head on and is doing great! She is always super busy with homework. She teaches three classes of yoga every week and every other week she teaches an additional class.

Despite all of her obligations she still finds time to spend with her sisters and with me. Only super woman would have the ability and capacity to take on the world and still find time to let her boyfriend and family knows how much she loves them.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on the golf team! The picture of Erica is cool ~ we all definitely think she's pretty super! Good luck finding work!

Nancy said...

GO TITANS!!!! We are so proud of you and the choices you're making. I agree with everything you say about Erica! We are so proud of both of you!!

I would of eaten those doughnuts too!! ;)

Ivon said...

So you let a girl out eat you. That was the gentleman inside. :) I have to agree that Erica is a super woman. Have fun in Rexburg.

Laura said...

I'm so happy for you!
You're awesome!

julie said...

HEY DEREK WE HOPE THAT YOU'LL LEAVE REXBURG LONG ENOUGH TO COME AND SEE US AGAIN;)