Saturday, May 8, 2010

Interesting story

At the end of last term I had a dream. It was one of those dreams where you wake up and you know that you’re supposed to learn something from it. I kept thinking about it throughout the day, but I ended up forgetting what my dream was about except for a plague that I had hanging above my door.

The plague read, “I CAN DO HARD THINGS.” I first heard this phrase from Robert, Erica’s brother. He heard it on his mission and it became one of his mission motto's.

So I went home the next week and I decided to make this plague. With the help of LongBoardLarry and Ardith, I was able to make two. One for Robert and the other to put above my door just as it was in my dream.

I hung it in my room as soon as I got back to school. I would look at when I woke up and admire the workmanship of it, but I don’t think it’s message had as deep of an impact on me as I would of hoped.

The other day I was in my front room doing homework with Erica when my roommate comes out and asks me about my sign. He asks if he could purchase one from me. It obviously meant more to him than it did to me, so I just gave it to him.

He then tells me that something happened to his father and he is partially paralyzed. His motto for the past three years has been, “I CAN DO HARD THINGS.” My roommate described his father as the type of person who when he hears a joke, he’ll tell everyone the joke twice just to make sure everyone heard it and also because he was so excited about it. So for the past three years, my roommate would hear his dad tell him that he could do hard things frequently.

I’m not sure what exactly happened to his dad, I think it may have been a mini stroke, but it happened on April 17th and it left him partially paralyzed. That was the Saturday before we came to school, that was also the day that I finished the last coat of clear on the plagues.

So we all sat around talking, and Erica and I think that I had my dream for my roommate's father. That I was supposed to make that plague for him. My roommate is home right now, but I’ll hear about his fathers reaction tomorrow night when he gets home.

So there's a cool story that happened to me recently. Love you all! :-)

8 comments:

Nancy said...

This is very touching, I'm glad you're listening to the spirit. Sometimes we never find out why we are prompted to do something, we just need to listen and do it. You're a great guy!!

neffie said...

That's an amazing story!! Way to listen to the spirit. please fill us in on his Dad's reaction. :-)

Now on another note, you use a 'g' instead of a 'q' so you're talking about a plague instead of a plaque. Love you!

Ivon said...

This is an amazing experience you have had. Thanks for being worthy enough to be able to here the spirit and to act. Love you.

Laura said...

Amazing!
That is really cool and special. I can't wait for the update!
Love you!

Sherri said...

That was a great story...and I love the quote!
It was so fun to talk to you on the phone the other day!

The Steve said...

Totally reminds me of this !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tRHRY1cte4&playnext_from=TL&videos=9Atdrbac8EU

Smile said...

That was an awesome story, thank you!

Shauna

julie said...

WOW. THE LORD DOES WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS. I LOVE THAT YOU CAN RECOGNIZE IT.