Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm updating my blog!

Life has been insane lately. All of you may have noticed that I haven’t updated my blog in four weeks! Ikes!

Even though life has been hectic, Erica has been very patient and supportive. I really appreciate that about her. She’s leaving to do a yoga class in Idaho Falls so she wont see this blog until she gets home. I’m making her a cake that she mentioned earlier today. I had never heard of it before but she was describing it to me and it sounds really good. It’s called an earthquake cake. It’s in the oven right now.




I think it’s supposed to look like this…but I don’t have chocolate chips.

School is insane. I’ve already taken two exams and two quizzes this week. I have another Exam I have to take tomorrow. It’s in Managerial Accounting and our teacher told us that if we know our stuff and don’t really get hung up on any problems then we might be able to get it done in 3.5 hours. The rumor around campus is that this guy has no heart. I’ve been studying all week for it and I don’t feel prepared yet, but I have until tomorrow. I have a mandatory field trip this Saturday to Yellowstone national park in my natural disasters class. It is a tough class. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun but it’s a lot of work.

Erica and I are on an ultimate Frisbee team. Our name is “Da Lambs” We are undefeated right now, there is only one other team that’s undefeated. I love it. Yoga is another thing I do every week which keeps me healthy. It’s one of those things that I probably would of never tried on my own, but now that Erica has introduced me with it, I love it. I’m not that great at it, but I am definitely better than I was when I first started. Here is my favorite pose: It’s one that I was able to do this one even before I became a full fledged yogi.



Golf is going well also. We have tournaments every Friday and practices every 2 weeks. I have a lot of fun. I like how it’s competitive, but nobody takes it too serious. I got a new (new to me) driver a couple weeks ago. It matches my three wood and I’m able to hit it a lot better than I was able to hit my big bertha driver.
Erica and I paid the application fee and also the deposit on our new apartment. It’s really nice. I’ll post pictures when we’re actually moved in.

Life in Rexburg has been really stressful lately so Erica and I are thinking that we need to take a break from school and make an escape. We don’t have a plan yet, but it’s going to be good! :-)

Oh I forgot to mention. Dad, Laura, Landon and Lach came to visit Erica and me this weekend. It was a lot of fun. While Laura was here, she took our engagement pictures. They turned out way cute!

5 comments:

Ivon said...

Thanks for blogging. Your cake should be good. Enjoy the surprise. Love you.

Laura said...

I love your random blogs - they make me smile!
You're doing great - keep up the great work!
It was GREAT seeing you and Erica last weekend and I had a lot of fun with our photo shoot. I can't wait to see what your final choices are.
Give Erica a big 'ol kiss for us.
Love you.

Sherri said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOGA...Mark actually introduce me to it when we were first married! I have loved it ever since!

Golf...don't know how...wish I did...that is another life long activity!

Ultimate Frisbee, I have never played, but looks like fun! I think I will buy one and just go to the frisbee park and pretend I know what I am doing!

The cake looks delish! VEry cool...that you cook!

Hang in there...school is NOT forever! Plus you'll look back with fond memories! Sounds like your doing great!

If you want to get away...come on over...we will entertain you! (well, we may have you entertain us...but we will feed you!)

Nancy said...

I was there too!!

Erica said...

Yeah! How could you forget Nancy!!!