Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm sick :-(

My roommates haven't been feeling well the past few weeks. They've been sick close to two weeks. I've managed not to get sick thus far, but yesterday I wasn't feeling all that great. My throat was sore, my limphnodes(the things on your upper neck that the doctor always feels when you tell him you're sick) were aching and I was just not feeling up to par. I decided to try to get rid of the sickness before it gets bad. My roommates have been sick for about two weeks, and I can't afford to be sick that long. My roommate came home last night from the doctors with a medicine. It was a cough medicine on steroids. It had codin in it and it smelt like alcohol. So like a good roommate, he let me have some. I know this wasn't very smart, but I figured he's the one that got me sick and so I had the same thing he had. That codin made me sleep so well. I slept better last night than I have this whole term so far.

I woke up this morning feeling horrible though. My voice is all raspy. I feel a little light headed. My limphnoids are still sore. I went to Wal*Mart and bought gatorade, chicken noodle soup, and a thing of chocolate pudding. Gatorade is on sell by the way, 50 cents each. I've already drank a whole one, I have seven more I'm going to drink throughout the day.

I'm staying inside today, dressing warm. Harry Potter is having a marathon. I'm going to drink lots of fluids and maybe get some homework done.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hope you feel better soon ~ I just got over a bunch of crap and mine also went for two weeks. You're smart to do fluids and rest! Enjoy HP!

Laura said...

Get feeling better and enjoy your marathon!

Nancy said...

I'm sorry you're sick. You sounded sick when I talked to you this morning. Don't take anymore of your room mates medicine, go to the doctor Monday and have him give you your own. Stay home, keep warm and enjoy Harry Potter ;) I love you!!!

julie said...

SORRY YOU'RE SICK DERRICK. NO FUN. HOPE YOUR RECOVERY IS QUICK.