Friday, March 12, 2010

Life is busy!

Life is busy. I had two tests so far this week. I got 100% on one and 80% on the other. I was rather distraught about that test. I have another one tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about it. I'm going to be spending all this evening in preparation for it. I need an A on it.

So far my grades are looking great though. I have A's in all of my classes except Business Stats, I have an A- but I'm working on it and hopefully it will end well.

Erica and I are preparing for our second half marathon. It's the Teton Dam Marathon. Sometimes I get really excited about it and other times I remember how I felt at mile 9 of my first half marathon and I get a knot in my stomach.

I'm going to try to train better this time. Tomorrow I'm going to have my first big run (big for me). I'm going to be running 5 miles. I've been consistently running three miles this week. It's going to be a big test for me. I'm running with Erica's brother Robert. He's going to run ten miles though and we'll stash my car so I can turn back after five. He's training for the full Marathon.

Running helps me manage my stress. It seems like I'm constantly stressed and I feel I don't have time to run but when I do I feel better.

Erica is going to be in Utah this weekend so I'm going to spend all weekend trying to catch up with school work. It's going to be nice having so much downtime where I can catch up, but I'm sure going to miss her. I feel lost and I don't know what to do when she's around. I've been making a list of things to do.

I'm going to...
call Kim and ask her if I can bring my adopted nieces brownies.
do a whole bunch of homework
give plasma
take a test
clean my room and apartment
go for a walk
play guitar
figure out how to do spin while playing ping pong
and nap.

That's about it. If you have any suggestions of things I can do, let me know :-)

Oh! we had a Salem party the other day. Sarah blogged about it here. And we only invited people from Salem, Keizer, or Monmouth. It was fun. I made meat balls though. Wal*Mart has a 5 dollar bag of 80 meat balls. So I put all those in a crock pot with BBQ sauce and a little salsa and they were amazing. Erica suggested doing sweat and sour and having it over rice. Her mom used to make that. I'm going to try that next.

:-) The End

7 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Your list is great and good job on your grades.
One suggestion though, I think you meant to say Erica wanted to do her mom's SWEET and sour meatballs not SWEAT and sour meatballs :-)
Love you and we're looking forward to you coming home to visit soon! :-)

Laura said...

PS, good luck with your half marathon training!!

Nancy said...

I know you'll miss Erica this weekend and it sounds like you probably have plenty of things planned to keep you busy. I'm glad the running helps you to manage your stress level. I love you and can't wait to see you when we get to Rexburg!

Family Fun said...

Thanks for coming over my girls love you and never want you to leave.:)

The Steve said...

Don't count miles or you will make yourself sick. Just count aid stations. You'll probably have 6-7 aid stations two miles apart...you'll do fine. If you can run 10 miles then you can do 13 no problem !

julie said...

HEY CUZ...I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR YOUR RUNNING AMBTIONS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.