Monday, March 22, 2010

I've had a rough day so far...

I've had a rough day so far. I'm still sick. I feel a lot better than I have the past few days though. I woke up a little after 8 to get ready for school. I took a shower and then I go to the kitchen to eat cereal. As I begin pouring my cereal I see that I only have ten minutes to get to class. I put my cereal back in the box, throw together a pb and j sandwich and rush to class.

I was one of the first people to class. I thought to myself, "self, this is odd" and then I remembered...

...Our power went out last week. I made the clocks five minutes fast to help me roommates who are always late to school. It didn't take them long to figure out that it was five minutes fast. As I spent the last two days in the house I thought I'd be nice and add an additional five minutes to the clock. This morning I forgot that. I probably deserved it. Needless to say, I'm going to change the clocks back tonight. That will probably mess my roommates up more than anything.

So there I was in class, runny nose, slight headache and I did not want to be in that class. I was about to get up and leave but something inside of me said "meh". So I stayed.

The teacher starts handing out a worksheet and I see the words extra credit written on it. I was glad that I stayed.

The worksheet was a game. It was covering the topic of "the rules of the game" which basically means in business people try to guess what their competitors are going to do and what intensives consumers will most likely be drawn to. There's a whole science on trying to figure out what other people will do. John Nash thought of it. Remember in the movie "Beautiful Mind" or something like that and they're in the bar and they all want the blond girl but he convinces them to go for the brunettes. Yea, he was an economist and that was when he had his epiphany.

So we could either raise our hand with a closed fist or an open fist. If the majority of the class did a close fist and we did an open fist we got 40 points. If we had a close fist as well we'd get 20 points. if the majority of the class had open fists and we didn't we'd get 10 points if we matched we'd get zero points. For every ten points we have above a hundred we'd get one extra credit point.

Confused? ... so was I.

So a guy in the middle of the class has a great idea of systematically having everyone raise their hands in different ways so everyone gets 6 extra credit points. There were some cheaters and the boxing gloves came off and the teacher asked us if we wanted to try again. So everyone does it and it's going great and then when we have three rounds left, I became the cheater. (It was anonymous no one knew and I didn't affect anyone else score) So I received ten extra credit points instead of six like everyone else. I felt great. So I did the math and on the final exam instead of needing a 91 to get an A in the class I need a 81. Instead of a 74 to get an A- in the class I need a 64. It was great.

K so Mario vs Donkey Kong on the bottom of my blog. I got up to 700 points. Still haven't reached the princess yet. I found out a trick though that I'm willing to share with all of you. If you jump while you're standing still it's easier to get over the barrels. Jump is space bar.

What other random things can I tell you about my day...

It snowed today. I'm still sick.

My FHE parents got a divorce. I'm now fatherless on Monday nights.

Eli my friend got married two days ago. that day was also Jackies, Jaclyns and Zack's birthday. Zack had two cakes made for him. I helped myself.

That concludes my life as of today. :-)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm glad you got extra credit today, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I'm sorry your FHE parents aren't together any longer and now you're fatherless ;(
I'm glad we get to see you at the end of the month!!
I love you!!

Laura said...

I love your random posts. You're a crack up!
Hope you're feeling better and congrats on extra credit!
Love you, sickie!

Ivon said...

Glad you didn't leave. Does "meh" mean "stay put silly boy?" :) Love you.