Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Craziest thing happened to me today.

So I’m sitting in my 9 am economics class and I can’t stop thinking about the new value menu cheeseburger the school is offering.

Around 9:30 I couldn’t take it anymore so I packed up and walked out of class determined to have a $1.19 cheeseburger and maybe even some 99 cent fries.

I get to the Crossroad(our cafeteria) and I’m looking around and there are no cheeseburgers. They were still serving breakfast and they wouldn’t be serving lunch until 11 am. I didn’t know what to do!

So I start walking towards the library and I stop in the middle of the hall way, tilt my head slightly to the right and look up and say, “ you know what, I could really go for a donut right now”. So I did! I went for a donut! I ordered a persing. The chef adds too much lemon extract. I don’t recommend them.

So I’m eating my donut that I don’t care for and walking towards the library and I see a couple to my left talking and the guy slides out of his chair and lays on the ground. She runs and grabs a bin thinking he’s about to throw up and I walk over there. I ask if he’s ok and she said no. He was arching his back and mumbling and doing a lot of weird things. I ran and I got help, he had stopped breathing. By the time I got back there, a random lady was giving him CPR.

Another guy and I gave him a blessing while he was receiving CPR. Another lady was calling the paramedics. And the lady who was with him from the beginning was stroking his hand and trying to talk to him. It didn’t take long for a huge crowd to gather around us. The guy started breathing on his own again and was conscious.

Just like any guy, I probably would of done the same thing, he started telling us that he was ok and didn’t need any paramedics. The school security who showed up made him lay down and reassured him that paramedics only charge you if they have to take you in. College kids are poor and finances are on our minds even in life or death situations! Did I mention my birthday is coming up?***

Paramedics finally show up and I left.

So that’s been my morning so far.

I went to accounting and felt really smart. Now I’m in the Library doing homework.

Oh! BYU –Idaho has a secret library lab that’s behind the computer help desk. It used to be a family history center, but I don’t think anybody knows about it. It has a completely separate entrance as the Library and both times I’ve been here, there have been probably 50+ computers free.

***Dad is coming to Rexburg towards the middle/end of March, this will save money on the shipping costs of my birthday presents.

P.S. I also learned that the guy who created pickles, the comic strip went to Ricks and is LDS. Sometimes he has pictures of temples or the ensign in his comic strips. The picture below shows a picture of a temple on the top left corner.





5 comments:

Laura said...

You are hilarious! That was a way random post and totally interesting from start to finish!
1. Glad you were able to help that boy.
2. How could we ever forget your birthday approaching, but we still have to get through Ivon's and Steph's first. :-)
3. Thanks for your random facts. I like things that make me go hmmmm...
4. Give Erica a hug from me and my man clan.
5. I love you.

Ivon said...

Besides the comic, where are the pictures. Just think, a picture of a man on the floor; a picture of the secret library; a picture of the bad donut; etc. By the way, did you ever get the cheeseburger? I liked your post.

Nancy said...

So you have a birthday coming up!?! Go figure!!! I'm glad you were there to help give that boy a blessing. You had a busy day, tomorrow after 11:00 go get that cheeseburger and fries! I love you!!

neffie said...

Hahaha! You crack me up! Guess what? My birthday is before yours!!

Nancy said...

7 days 15 hours and I couldn't keep up on the seconds. ;)