Sunday, February 14, 2010

I have the most amazing girlfriend

Today was valentines day and Erica and I have spent the weekend home in Oregon.

Because we see each other every day in Rexburg we decided to try to spend as much time with our families as possible this weekend.

We didn't see each other at all on Friday. It was rather difficult. I missed her a lot. The next day though, my parents and I went to Erica's beach house and spent the afternoon with Erica's family. We ate a wonderful lunch and dessert. We played ping pong. I LOVE ping pong. There was also pool and a bunch of little snacks. It was a lot of fun.

Today is Sunday. Erica came home a little early so I could have my valentines date with her. I decorated the living room and made it all cute.

I had the dinner table in the dining room set up with paper plates and mix matched mugs full of water. I was trying to trick her and I think it worked.

So for our date we watched tootsie and I made Erica dinner. We were also going to make a pie together but didn't have time. We are going to postpone that event for Rexburg.

When it was time for us to exchange gifts, I told her that if she lined up all the possible presents in the world the first being the one gift that was more romantic than the others, mine would be last in the list. My gift for Erica was very functional. She reassured me that her gift for me was functional as well. :-) We're good for each other.

I got her pie pan as well as a book that teaches you how to make all different sorts of pies. I'm really excited about it. It's a little late in the mail though.

She got me a huge bamboo cutting board with a built in strainer. I LOVE it. I've been shopping around for a collapsible strainer and no one in my apartment has a cutting board. It really is the perfect gift. There's a picture below of it.


We also decided to get to get plants because both of our roommates went home. She got a really cool bonsai tree. It's way cool. I'm shopping around for an aloe vera plant. These plants will be our roommates until next term when we get new roommates.

This has been an amazing weekend. Tomorrow we have a long drive back, but the long drive is hardly a sacrifice for being able to see our families and spend time with each other in Oregon.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Sounds like fun!
I am excited to meet both of you sometime!

I am running the Utah Valley Half..you should switch and then we could all run the same day...same place!

Laura said...

We're so glad you two came home!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you both came home for the weekend too!! We had a wonderful time at the beach house with the Haws family and the lunch was great!!! Be careful driving back to Rexburg and we love both of you so much!!!

Ivon said...

Excellent post. I too had fun this weekend. Drive safe. I love you.