Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I got done with my homework before Erica did.

So I have 15 extra minutes that I can update my blog.

School has been killing me. Everyday after school I go to the Library and usually stay there until the sun goes down. My classes are tough.

I'm taking

1. Accounting
2. Micro Economics
3. Music 104 (it teaches you how to sing)
4. Middle East
5. Business Statistics.
6. Old Testament

I signed up for a tutor in Accounting and I think I may need one sometimes in Business Stats as well.

I've been also thinking a lot about what minor to choose. Any input all of you want to give me would be appreciated.

I could either get one minor or two emphasis or clusters.

I'm thinking about going for two emphasis because I'm closer to achieving those. I saw an academic advisor and he suggest doing either accounting, communications, or CIT (Computer Integrated Technology)

I'm two classes away from an accounting emphasis, here are three options for that.

1. Financial Accounting

2. Accounting Information Systems

3. Tax Accounting


My other option is for me to get an emphasis in communications. Here are my options there.

1. Organization Communication

2. Public Relations

3. Broadcasting

4. Interpersonal Communication

5. Advertising

6. Journalism

7. Visual/ Digital Media


Other emphasis which interested me, but not sure how they would fit in with my degree are:

1. Real Estate
2.Culinary Arts
3. I could do a Fijian Emphasis. I'm only one class away. It'd be an easy out but completely useless.

Do emphasis really matter? Will my future employer be looking at those or is it solely for my benefit?

If it doesn't really matter then I want to do Culinary Arts as one of them. If it does matter I think I'm going to pick an accounting emphasis as well as a communications emphasis.

I don't know. Maybe I'll just choose two that I'm already close to achieving.


4 comments:

Kim said...

I think you'd be an awesome journalist ~ you're so friendly. Good luck picking a major....that's the hardest part.

Nancy said...

I have no ideas but I'm really glad to read your blog ;-)
Mary said, the field you're looking at, you should try to get into marketing. Study hard....

Ivon said...

"Get back to work," said the step mother (speaking to Cinderella). My advice is to make it easy on yourself. Of the three recommended by your counselor, go for accounting and take accounting information systems. :)

Laura said...

You'll do great with whatever you choose!