Friday, January 22, 2010

Random Stuff

This has been a fun week. I've been really busy. I have a free moment tonight though and so I'm going to update my blog with a bunch of random things.

I found this note just now. I wrote it during business stats and passed it along to Erica,

"Hey good looking. How 'bout you and me head out of town this Saturday and kick it? Kick it real good."

She replied, " Sounds good sugah!"

I love that woman. :-)

Here is a picture of a small date Erica and I went on. I made a fort out of a snow bank. From the road you can't see it, it just looks like a pile of snow, but I made a path that goes around the back and i made bleacher style seats. We went there bundled up and had some hot cocoa. It was pretty cool. The temple was behind us and it was really bright and in front of us we were able to see the city.

My roommate Eli went to Salem for the weekend to propose to his fiance. As a welcome home gift I made his bed. Here is a tutorial and how to short sheet a bed.

1.Take off the comforter.

2. Pull the sheet that goes over his body all the way to the front. Fold it over and tuck in the bottom half.
3. Put comforter on and add pillows. The level is how far his feet can go when he gets into bed.
4. Add cookies so he doesn't suspect that you did anything to his bed. If your cookies are in the shape of Mickey Mouse it's an added bonus.



He got home around 3 in the morning and I was like a little school girl. I was still awake because I was too excited to go to sleep. he got home and I was peaking through the covers waiting for him to get into bed. I laughed so hard. I then made his bed because I felt bad. I'm a good roommate.

Now Eli is leaving. He is packing up as I write this. Tomorrow morning he is driving home so he can be with his fiance before they get married. I'm going to miss that guy. I now have a room to myself and no one to have pillow talk with. I know I should be excited that I don't have to share a room, but I am actually rather sad. I've known Eli since 2nd grade. He is one of my best friends.


This is Eric. I didn't know him really before we came up to school. He's from Keizer and we have a lot of mutual friends. I really started to like him and felt like we could of been really good friends. After coming up here, he decided to take the term off so he can go home and get married to his fiance. Our apartment started with 6 people and now we are down to four.

Oh! I have good news though. It's kinda useless me telling all of you because I have to speak in generalities. Today I finalized the gift that I'm getting Erica for Valentines day. Now all of you can wait in anticipation until February 14th so you can find out what it is.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Can't wait! Give Erica a kiss for me. :-)

Nancy said...

This was a fun post. The cookies shaped like Mickey Mouse was a good touch! Give Erica a hug and kiss from us too!

Ivon said...

You can give Erica a hug from me; a two arm hug. No one arm hug. :)

Great post. I am proud of you for doing what you need to do. Study hard, and the dividends will be in the workplace. Love you.

Ardith Haws said...

Fun, fun, fun! Thanks for the smiles. I loved the short-sheeting escapades. You silly boy. Glad you are working so hard in school. And that you were able to take a break from the madeness. And talk about building suspense, Derek...