Monday, January 4, 2010

I am at college :-)

I am finally at college. I actually got here on the 2nd but have been really busy. We spent two days driving here. We stopped and spent the night near Boise with Erica's aunt. They were amazing hosts and they cooked us two great meals. For breakfast they made waffles and a buttermilk syrup which I fell in love with.

Once in Rexburg we got all settled in. We've done our Winco and Wal*mart trips and have bought all the supplies that we'll need for a little bit.

I called my cousin Kim, I'll be going over there with Erica sometime to have dinner. I'm excited to meet them.

Oh! funny story...

So Rexburg has a thing called a starving student card. It's a compilation of coupons which we can use all around the city and even some places in Idaho Falls. It costs $20 but you save a lot more than that. I think it's an investment and I've gotten at least one every term so far.

Erica and I were walking out of Wal*mart the other day and this guy stops us and tries to sell us the starving student cards. He tells us that there is a special married price so if we bought two then he'd knock five dollars off of each.

Erica says, "yea I'll get one for 15 bucks."

We start pulling out our cash and he gets a skeptical look on his face. He then asks, "you two are married...right?"

Erica, "Uh...Uh... no! but we're almost married ... see look ... Derek! Kiss me!"

We got the special married price. It was really funny. The guy told us that we are not allowed to tell anyone that he gave us the deal and I just posted it on my blog.


Here is a picture of my room.
Here is a picture of my roommate.

Ardith has been in town helping all of her children get settled in. It's been fun hanging out with the Haws family.

Here is my post of college thus far. I'm going to bed. I have class starting tomorrow morning followed by an afternoon in the Library.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Have a great day at school my 'almost married' little brother.
That was a cute story! :-)

Have fun with Kimberly!

Ivon said...

Very cute story. It is good that you are settled in. Now get studying your books. :)

Nancy said...

It's fun that both you and Erica have family in Rexburg! I love the story about the card you bought, it was quick thinking on Ericas part ;-)

Wendy said...

You and Erica need to come to Idaho Falls for dinner with her Aunt Wendy too.