Monday, December 7, 2009

100 Things to do before I die!

Ok. Here is my list of 100 things I want to accomplish before I die. I've been mentioning how I was going to post it and so here it is.

I only have 41 things though. So I need help brainstorming. If you think of anything post it in a comment and I may add it. I've only added things that I actually want to do and expect doing. Some of these have already been done, so if they have I'll mention that next to it.

1. Go on a mission (Fiji 2005-2007).
2. Get married in the temple.
3. Start a family.
4. Become a grandparent.
5. Get a Masters Degree.
6. Read Les Miserable.
7. Play music for people and earn at least $1.
8. Run a half marathon (Run to Stay Warm 2009, Eugene Oregon).
9. Run a marathon.
10. Sing in front of a group of people (Completed on my mission).
11. Go skinny dipping.
12. Send a message in a bottle.
13. Put a penny on a train track and watch it get smashed (July 22, 2009).
14. Write a book.
15. Learn to play a musical instrument with some degree of skill.
16. Touch all four oceans.
17. Do something to get my families name on something.
18. Buy a home and fix it up.
19. go in a hot air balloon ride.
20. Visit a concentration camp.
21. Learn to competent on a snowboard.
22. See a broadway play.
23. See Les Miserable in Europe..
24. See the northern lights.
25. Visit mayan or aztec ruins.
26. Go to Disney World ( Will be completed in 13 days :-) ).
27. Be in the same room as the President of the Church.
28. Be smart enough to answer all my kids questions (or witty enough to make them think I know the answers) until they are at least in high school.
29. Host an exchange student.
30. Make a piece of art that my wife deems good enough to be kept in a room other than the closet.
31. Say something profound enough to be quoted.
32. Take my wife to Fiji.
33. See a real life platypus.
34. Plant a garden.
35. Learn to never take offense.
36. Attend a NFL Game.
37. Watch the 6 VHS tape version of pride and prejudice (I'm still debating if I really want to do this one. I like the other versions I've seen though)
38. Visit a castle
39. Visit the Georgia Aquarium
40. Visit the San Diego Zoo
41. Order Lobster at a restaurant.

6 comments:

Ivon said...

Now this is a great start. You will have a great life. Have fun and keep focused. I have a goal to visit 100 Hard Rock Cafes, and I have visited 40 with 60 to go. Good luck and I love you.

Nancy said...

You have seen a Broadway play, we went to the Hult in Eugene and saw Les Miserables. Remember when they first started the music and how excited you and I were?

Laura said...

Skinny dip in the Willamette - it's just down the street. Or skinny dip in a hot tub - The Peterson's and Haws own one - just don't tell them :-)

Erica said...

Good list. you're missing one though.

42. Speak Fijian to Erica every single day...voluntarily

Sherri said...

That is a list worthy of quoting!

neffie said...

Georgia Aquarium..... Was this added after a Ghost Hunter's episode? Why Georgia Aquarium? I also have a lot of work to clean up my list.