Monday, December 21, 2009

Disney World Day 1

Today was mostly a traveling day. I woke up early and had to be at Erica's home before 6:30 am. When I arrived we went to the airport. Traffic was great. Once we arrived at the airport we quickly got through security. The plane was delayed a little bit so we waited.

Erica was unable to pack my present because it didn't fit in her suit case.

I spent the majority of today trying to figure out what she was giving me.
We found out that the de-icer in our plane wasn't working properly. Technicians were called in and they were able to diagnose the problem in 15 minutes. They then announced that our plane was canceled. Erica's dad ran to the line where I joined him. This is the picture I took at the beginning of our adventure in the line. Erica's mom got on the phone and was trying to find a solution as well.
This is the same line about 50 minutes later. We moved up two people.
This is a picture Erica took from the end of the line. I'm holding up a blue pillow.
This is Miranda and Ardith waiting...still
We eventually got a hotel room. Because I am in fact dating Erica, I was able to get my own room. This is the view from my window.

This is me jumping on my bed.
This is Erica jumping on my bed.
My bed room.
The Study.
The entry way.
The bathroom.
The TV room.
My neighbor :-)

Today we waited at the airport for about 7 hours. I had alot of fun though. If i get this excited being in an airport all day. I can't wait until Disney World. We leave tomorrow around lunch :-).

4 comments:

Ivon said...

I can't believe it. You are still in Portland. Have a safe trip tomorrow and call me when you get in Orlando safely. Good luck.

Laura said...

Have a fun time and make sure you have a little fun for me too!! Merry Christmas big brother!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you're having fun at the airport, there is only one way to go.....UP! Hopefully tomorrow you'll be on the plane headed for sunshine. Have a nice trip!!! I love you!

neffie said...

i don't know to laugh or feel really bad for you. I feel bad for Ardith. That's a horrible feeling to plan something and then circumstances beyond your control ruin it! Have fun and good luck traveling tomorrow.