Saturday, December 26, 2009

Disney World Day 3 - 5 ???

Hey family,

I'm not sure how many days I've been on vacation. I've been having alot of fun.

I'm sorry for not being able to blog. We were first staying at Vero Beach and they had wifi internet. I was able to update, however, I've been at Disney World for the last couple of days and they only have internet via an ethernet cable. There is only one plug and it's in the master bedroom where the baby sleeps. So...I haven't been able to blog. I don't have much time right now either so I'll give a quick overview and I'll post pictures once I get home.

The resort here is amazing. We have a great view and access to a monorail that will take us to The Magic Kingdom and also to Epcot. We have bus access to Disney Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom. I haven't been to the animal kingdom yet. I'm going there tomorrow.

At the magic kingdom I went on a bunch of fun rides. There are more that I still want to do though. So far splash mountain is my favorite from that park.

Epcot is really cool. They have a pavilion where different countries were reconstructed and you get to experience some of their culture and see their architecture, etc. The food there is amazing. They have France, Italy, Mexico, China, Germany, Norway, Canada, America, and a bunch of others It's really cool. They also have fun rides. Soarin and Test Track were my favorites. Soarin is a giant simulator that makes you feel like you're flying over California. You fly over the san franscisco bridge and LA. You go through a forest and smell the pine, You fly through an orange orchard and smell the oranges. It's great. Test Track is as if you're a test crash dummy. They put you in a car and do tests such as brake tests, turning ability, and acceleration. Oh yeah, At Epcot I saw the best firework show I've ever seen in my life. They did it over a lake in the middle of all the countries with a giant globe that showed pictures and there was music.

The day we went to Epcot was also Christmas day. Christmas was nice. Erica's family mailed a little christmas tree and set it up once we got here. It was really pretty. We all brought gifts for each other and we exchanged them. It was a lot of fun and a lot of good memories were built.

Today we went to Disney HollyWood Studios. It's one of my favorites so far. They have the Osbourne Lights which is pretty much a city that has 5 million Christmas lights in it and they play to songs. I've never seen anything like it before. I've been nervous all week to go on The Tower of Terror because the dropping sensation kills me. I'm fine with speed but dropping really makes me nervous. I went on it twice today and I loved it. The second time we asked to be placed in the front row and it made it a lot scarier. The pictures they take mid-ride were hilarious. They also have a ride called rock and roller coaster. It's a roller coaster completely in the dark. It doesn't have an up hill then big downhill, but instead they have a count down and then it shoots you off at full speed. It was insane.

That's been my vacation so far. If there's a lot of bad grammar it's because I'm really tired.

I'm going to bed now. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Love,
Derek

3 comments:

Ivon said...

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Keep it up. Christmas was great and the white elephant party was fun. It will time to take the decorations down. Love you.

Laura said...

I love how much fun you're having and I'm totally jealous too! I can't wait to see your photos! Love you!!

Nancy said...

It was fun hearing about your experiences, we had a good Christmas but missed you (your dad and I got to sleep in till 9:00!!). Have fun and we love you!